Interior Design Concepts
Craftsmanship is a top priority in any home remodeling project. It complements the quality of a product and can make even inexpensive choices look good, last longer, and require less maintenance.
Good design is a key element in any successful remodeling or building project. Your success begins with a vision and a team of talented professionals who can craft that vision into a set of plans, build according to the plans, and deliver an award winning product that will stand the test of time. Below are several ideas of what excites us in a home.
- Big kitchen and Family room with an open floor plan – Most families spend the majority of their time in this area of the home and are asking for spacious, but cozy gathering spaces. An open plan is great for entertaining as well.
- A fireplace in the family room, or preferably a hearth built into a partition that delineates the kitchen and family room.
- Architectural details – To add warmth and character to a larger area we recommend using architectural details such as crown molding, wainscoting, and bead board.
- A high, wood- beamed custom art ceiling would serve as a classic showpiece and give your home uniqueness.
- Hard wood flooring on first floor, up staircase and second floor hallway- This is a common approach although some prefer hardwood in the bedrooms as well. Area rugs on the 1st floor and runners on the stairs and hallway add warmth, provide safety from slipping, and protect the floor’s finish.
- One of our experts’ top choice would be to use stained, wide, quarter- sawn oak with rugged look 12 x 12 tile between the island and work zone in the kitchen.
- Well constructed custom cabinets -There are some very cleverly designed cabinets available today to serve the storage needs of any room in your home, including the kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, laundry room, mudroom, home office, family room and basement. Cabinets are built in several different styles and can be painted or stained to your liking. Hardware selections are extensive as well, and allow you to match the cabinet style to the rest of your home.
- For instance, one of our experts loves the Greenfield Frameless line in some type of exotic engineered veneer – very crisp clean lines – minimal moldings – very European style/modern.
- Built-in bookcases – bookcases are a classic addition to any home and are useful for, not only holding books, but for displaying family photos and other accessories.
- Pantry in kitchen – Pantries are back in style and with good reason. They offer organization to your kitchen, creating a much more efficient use of space. Also, cabinets can be expensive and pantries help to reduce the amount of cabinet space necessary. Pantries often evoke warm childhood memories and more of our clients are requesting them.
- Mudroom – Essential to maintaining cleanliness, and providing space for shoes, coats, hats, backpacks, etc., mudrooms are one of the most desirable aspects of the modern home. A well designed mudroom provides that proverbial “place for everything.”